Zoosk.com UK Review: Join Now and Find Someone Today
Zoosk is the social media site of the online dating world. It first started life as a Facebook app and has just grown and grown from there – and continues to now.
It’s designed to draw in information from your online profiles to make getting started super quick and easy.
And there are loads of people all over the world using it, so there’s no doubt it’s popular – but how does it rate when we give it a close look?
Pros & Cons
- It’s really easy to set up so you can get started straight away.
- You don’t have to fill out any long questionnaires to get matches, as your site usage is looked at and used to show you the profiles you’re more likely to be interested in.
- Messaging is really quick and easy.
- Zoosk has a helpful, easy-to-use search tool that quickly gets you access to potential matches (pcmag).
- A lot of the better features require Zoosk coins, which come at an additional cost. This is especially the case with Carousel – which entices you in with interested profiles but won’t allow you to connect without coins.
- Serious relationships are harder to find on Zoosk as there are a lot of people looking for more casual hook ups. .
- The website doesn’t feel as premium as other dating sites, even though it costs about the same.
Zoosk typically attracts a younger crowd – the average age of users is around the mid 20s. But single people of various ages from 20 to 93 are using the app everyday.
Zoosk is also gay, lesbian, and queer-friendly with a wide range of ethnicities, religions, and backgrounds — depending on the region.
- Members: 40 million members worldwide. Available in 80 countries 25 languages.
- Members activity: 3 million messages are sent every day.
- Gender proportion: 48 % Male and 52 % Female
Is Zoosk a legitimate dating site?
Yes, Zoosk is a legit dating site with 40 million users. A dating site is only as good as its membership, and Zoosk boasts millions of singles in a worldwide dating network.
What is the age range on Zoosk?
Zoosk attracts mostly young people under the age of 44. The average age of users is around 24 and 27.
How does Zoosk work?
Zoosk operates like a social media dating site – you’re free to browse through profiles you’re interested in and you essentially create your own matches through SmartPick™ introductions.
Ease of use
If you’re used to using social media then you’ll find this incredibly easy to use as everything will feel familiar. Although, even if you’re not a big social media user it’s unlikely you’ll struggle as Zoosk is really easy to navigate and quick to set up.
They have some really useful FAQ pages too, so you’ll find almost any answer you’re looking for if you have any questions.
Making contact, messages & notifications
How do I contact someone I’m interested in on Zoosk?
If you’re interested in someone on Zoosk, there are many ways to express your interest. You can connect with people in a variety of ways. Once you found someone you like, go to their profile and from here you can send a message, smile or even like their profile.
Messages: This is the most direct way to introduce yourself and let them know you’re interested. Send a message by writing your message in the message box and send it.
Smiles and Likes: Smiling at someone or Liking their profile is a great way to let them know you’re interested. Once you select ‘Smile’ or ‘Like’ a message will be sent to them.
Please note that features like messages and chatting will require a paid subscription and both paid subscribers and free members may be required to purchase Zoosk coins to unlock the premium features. This include connecting with people who have shown interest in you on Carousel.
Zoosk profiles are generally good quality. The pictures are large and easy to view, and the fact they can be verified is a really good step forward.
It does depend a little bit on the user though – if they’ve filled out the additional questions then you’ll get a great feel for who they are. But if they haven’t, you’ll have to dig deeper yourself.
Zoosk app mobile download
According to their website, the Zoosk app is the number one dating app available on the Apple App Store. It’s pretty sleek and easy to use on the go, so it’s easy to see why.
It’s available for both iOS and Android and does almost the same job as the desktop version, which is really handy. You can’t see profile insights though – you’ll need desktop for that.
Real life reviews
SmartPick™ introductions, as mentioned above.
Carousel. How does Zoosk carousel work? This feature allows you to look at other singles’ profiles and decide if you like them by selecting ‘like’, ‘dislike’ or ‘maybe’. They’ll get a notification to let them know if you’ve both selected ‘like’ so you can start a chat.
If you’re a subscribed member, you can buy Zoosk coins for an additional price that gives you access to the following additional features:
Boost. This puts you in front of other profiles in messages, search results and Carousel so you stand out and have a better chance of being seen.
Connect with matches from Carousel. You’ll need Zoosk coins to connect with users who’ve shown an interest in you by clicking ‘yes’.
Buy virtual gifts to message singles to show your interest.
Delivery confirmation when someone opens your message.
Hide and Seek. You can control how much other users see, from being invisible to being able to view their profile without them knowing.
Safety & security
Zoosk offers an amazing service called Photo Verify. This basically lets other users know that your pictures are a true representation of you.
All you have to do is take a short video which will then be monitored and verified by the Zoosk team. You’ll then get a verification badge to let other users know that it’s really you.
Whilst not foolproof, it’s a great step towards maintaining internet safety. Most Zoosk profiles are verified through your social media sites, so its quite hard to fake a profile. And there’s a block/report feature if there’s someone you’re suspicious of.
How much does Zoosk UK cost? Prices & membership fees
Fee based services:
How much does Zoosk cost per month? How much is a Zoosk membership? All payments are taken as one lump sum. And be aware – your subscription renews automatically unless you cancel it before its end date.
Costs of Zoosk coins:
- 180 coins: £14.99
- 480 coins: £29.98
- 1800 coins: £74.94
With a subscription, you have access to the following additional features:
- Send messages to other singles.
- UseSmartPick™ introductions.
- Purchase Zoosk coins, which gives access to premium features.
Discounts, offers & promo codes UK 2020
Zoosk offers promo codes through their website – we found one by going through their subscription FAQs.
At the time of writing, they were offering a 14 free additional days with any paid subscription, but it was only available for credit card payments.
Is there a free trial for Zoosk?
How to chat on Zoosk for free? Zoosk offers limited access for free so you can get a feel for the site before you sign up, but ultimately they want you to become a member so most features are included with a subscription.
Is Zoosk a good dating website?
Zoosk gets a 3.6 out of 5 – just. Whilst the site is quick and easy to use, there are other dating sites out there that offer more benefits for the same monthly cost. Zoosk relies too heavily on expensive add-ons, making the user experience clunky and a bit disjointed.
But the biggest downside is that, because of its social media roots, it’s quite hard to find longer-lasting relationships as there are a lot of people taking advantage of that fact it’s easy to use and familiar, and are looking for something more casual.
That being said, Zoosk is a lot of fun and the messaging service is one of the best around, so it’s easy to use wherever you are and however busy your life is.
- Ease of Use
What is SmartPick on Zoosk?
This is a cool feature that matches you up with other profiles; each day you get sent matches and you can decide whether you’re interested or not.
If you both rate each other with a heart, then you’ll be notified and can contact each other. But if one or both of you rate the other with a ‘X’, then your answer will stay private and you’ll move on to another user.
The more you use the site, the more Zoosk will take into account ‘Behavioural Matchmaking’, which serves up better matches through the people you’re engaging with and looking at.
How do I change my search settings?
If you want to change your search settings, you are able to use advanced search filters to create and save up to six custom searches. To create and save custom search with the advanced filters, follow the steps below for the device you’re using.How to change Zoosk search settings from your computer's web browser
2. Select Search from the left navigation
3. Click the blue Edit Search link in the top right of your screen (found underneath the grey NEXT button)
4. On this page you can now change the age-range, location and distance of your search or select Advanced Search to see more options like kids, relationship history, religion and more
5. After choosing the advanced search filters you want, save your search by selecting the check box next to the ‘Save this’ search and giving your search a name
6. Once you’re finished, select the blue ‘Search’ button which will save and apply the filters you’ve chosen
How to change your search settings from the iOS app and Android App
2. Select the menu icon at the top left corner of your screen
3. Tap the Filter icon
4. Select ‘Create new’ and select your preferred Age range and Distance
5. Select the blue ‘Save and Search’ button, give your custom filter a name and select ‘Save and Search’. This will save and apply the filters you have created.
Keep in mind that the advanced search filters only apply to Search and will not change who you see in your SmartPick introductions or in Carousel.
Can I search for Zoosk members by username?
If you want to find the profile of someone you matched with before, you can look through your Connections, Views or Messages to find them again.
If you haven’t been in contact with this person and only saw them in your search results or somewhere else on Zoosk you are unfortunately can not search for a member by username.
How do views work?
This is a special feature that allows you to know who viewed you. This feature is useful because it allows you to flirt with other members who checked you out and maybe who were too shy to say hi straight away. Older views are removed from the list after awhile to keep the list manageable.
Views are created when other members interact with any information on your profile. This might include your photos or dating profile information.
How can I add or remove someone as a connection on Zoosk?
Adding someone as a connection is the perfect way to let them know you’re interested. When you send a message, smile or like them and they respond back they will automatically become a connection.
If you decide you’re no longer interested in this person, you have the ability to remove them as a connection.How to remove connections from a laptop or computer
2. Select ‘Connections’ on the left hand side
3. Select the profile image of the connection you want to remove and this will pop up a menu
4. Select ‘Remove Connection’ and then click ‘Yes’ to confirm
How to remove a Zoosk connection from an Android or iOS device
2. Go to the profile you want to remove from your connections
3. Select the three dots on the top right of your profile
4. Select ‘Remove Chat Permission’ from the list of actions
How to remove a connection from the mobile site on your smartphone
2. Select the Menu (4 lines) at the top left
3. Tap on ‘Connections’
4. Click the profile of the connection you want to remove and this will pop up a menu
5. Choose ‘Remove Connection’ from the list of actions and then click ‘OK’ to confirm
After you have removed a Connection, this person will no longer appear in your list of Connections.
How can I find and connect with other singles on Zoosk?
There are many ways to find and connect with other singles on Zoosk. The more you sue Zoosk, the more information on Behavioural Matchmaking technology will have to help find singles you’ll click with.
– Search: allows you to discover people you might be interested in.
– Online Now: a great way to chat to someone right away.
– Carousel: a great feature that quickly connects singles who are interested in each other. If you and another member both say yes to each other then this creates a Mutual Match and they’ll show up in your ‘Connections’
– SmartPick: This is smart and learns from your “❤” and “X” votes to make better matches in the future. Your matches can also be improved by answering the SmartPick Survey
– Super Send: A way to introduce yourself to other singles at once. Choose a message as an ice breaker and Zoosk will send it to other members. Once someone messages back, you can view their profile and start chatting.
Can I send messages on Zoosk for free?
You can message other profiles if you’ve paid for a membership, but if you’re on a free trial all you can send is a wink.
How to send messages on Zoosk?
Overall, Zoosk’s messaging service is pretty good. There are a series of icebreaker questions you can use if you’re not sure what to say, or you can dive right in with your own unique message. You can also buy virtual gifts to really show you’re interested.
What does a smile mean on Zoosk?
Smiles and Likes. Smiling at someone or Liking their profile is a fun way to let him or her know you’re into them. Once you select Smile or Like, a message will be sent to that person..
What is auto reply on Zoosk and how do I set mine up?
Auto-reply is a Zoosk feature that gives you the ability to respond to Smiles you receive. With Auto-Reply your message is automatically sent to someone sending you a smile. With this feature, you don’t have to respond to the Smile yourself and you can encourage those who Smile at you to send a more personalised message. You can also select the option not to receive Auto-Replies.How to set up or edit your Auto-Reply from your computer
2. Select your Zoosk display name at the top right corner of your screen.
3. Select Account Settings from the drop-down menu. This will take you to your account page.
4. Click ‘Auto-Reply’ in the left navigation. You will be taken to the Auto-Reply page and here you can turn your reply on and off and also set your message. You can also select to not receive Auto-Replies.
How to set up or edit your Auto-Reply from the Zoosk app or from t.zoosk.com website on your phone
2. Choose the menu icon in the top left corner
3. Click on the gear icon on the upper right screen
4. Click ‘Auto-Reply’ and this will take you to the Auto-Reply page where you will be able to turn your reply on and off and also set your message. You will be able to choose to not receive Auto Replies.
What is Super Send and how can I use it?
Super Send is a way to introduce yourself to many singles at once. All you have to do is choose a message to break the ice and then Zoosk will send it other members for you. If people are interested in connecting, then they will message you back and you can start chatting together.
To find Super Send:
– From your computer’s web browser select the white heart icon to the right of the Zoosk logo to open the ‘Promote Yourself’ menu and then click the red ‘Super Send’ button.
– From the app on your mobile phone select the lightning bolt icon in the top right corner of the app.
– From the web browser on your mobile phone or touch device click the lightning bolt icon at the top right corner of the screen.
Zoosk sign up process – how to create an account?
Sign up couldn’t be easier. You simply create a profile using your name and password, answer a couple of short questions about yourself (height, body type etc.) and then you’re free to start browsing profiles. That’s it!
Once you’ve logged in, you can add more details on your profile about your perfect match, ideal date and interests.
How do I sign up for Zoosk?
How can I add or edit interests on my Zoosk profile?
It’s important to keep interests updated on your profile since this will tell potential matches what you’re all about.To Add or Edit your interests from a laptop or computer follow these steps
2. Select ‘My Profile’
3. Navigate to the bottom where the ‘Interests’ section is found
4. Select ‘Add’ in the right corner and then type to search for the Interest you would like add to your profile. Click ‘Save’ at the bottom right.
5. If you would like to remove an interest from your profile, select on the ‘X’ in the red circle at the top right.
To Add or Edit your interest from the Zoosk Android app or the Zoosk iOS app
2. Select your photo
3. Navigate to the bottom where the ‘Interests’ section is found
4. Tap Edit/Add and then type to search for the Interest you want to add to your profile. When your ‘Interest appears, select the picture and that Interest will be added to your profile
5. To remove an interest, tap ‘Edit’ and then click the picture of the interest you want removed
How does the SmartPick feature on Zoosk work?
Your profile offes you features that help increase your ability to contact other members. One of these features is the Zoosk SmartPick feature which evaluates compatibility between Zoosk members. SmartPick is smart and learns from your “❤” and “X” votes to help make better match recommendations for you in the future. You can improve match results from answering the SmartPick Survey.
Here’s how SmartPick works:
1. Review the profile that was selected for your based upon your profile (these selections are time-sensitive so do this as soon as you can)
2. Decide if you want to vote “❤” or “X”
3. Your vote is private unless you and your match both vote “❤”. If this happens you will get the good news by email and also a message in your Zoosk inbox
4. SmartPick is adaptive. Review your matches and vote every day since SmartPick will learn about your preferences over time to find you the best match possible
What is Carousel and how do I use it?
The Carousel is a feature that was created to allow users to see the photo and age of other members and allow them to decide whether they would like to meet you. If you are looking at possible future matches on Carousel and are interested in someone then select ‘yes’ or ‘maybe’ to send another member a notification stating you would like to meet them and ask if they would like to meet you .If you are not interested in another member on Carousel then simply select ‘no’ and move to the next person.
If both you and another member select ‘yes’ this creates a Mutual Match. If you and that other person show an interest in each other, they’ll show up in your ‘Connections’.
What is Hide & Seek on Zoosk?
Zoosk offers subscription upgrades such as this one that allows you to enjoy premium features for an additional price.
Hide & Seek allows you to control the attention you receive with three levels of visibility:
1. Hide: Hide your profile so only people you message are able to see you.
2. Seek: Be fully visible and let people know when you view them.
3. Sneak: Be fully visible and check out people without letting them know when you view them.
2. Select ‘Upgrade’ in the left navigation menu
3. Follow the instructions to select a subscription upgrade and enter your payment details
How to purchase a subscription upgrade from the web browser on your mobile phone or touch device
2. Click the menu icon in the top left corner of your screen
3. Select ‘Upgrade’
4. Follow the directions to choose a subscription upgrade and enter your payment information
What are gifts and how do I send one?
To make someone feel extra special, you are able to use Zoosk coins to buy them a virtual gift. This is a fun way to standout and let someone else know you’re truly interested.
To send a gift to someone, go to their profile and select the gift icon. This will open a selection of gifts where you can choose the one you like.
What is Boost and how do I use it?
Boost is a quick way for you to promote yourself to other members on Zoosk. After you’ve purchased Boost with Zoosk coins, you will be promoted in different places on Zoosk including in people’s messages and also in Carousel. The more you Boost, the more you will be highlighted and it’s a great way to get noticed faster and receive more views and attention from other members.
To find Boost:
– From your computer’s web browser: select the heart icon to the right of the Zoosk logo and the click the orange ‘Boost’ button
– From the app on your mobile phone: click the lightning bolt icon in the top right corner of the app
– From the web browser on your mobile phone or touch device: click the lightning bolt icon in the top right corner of the screen.
What is Zoosk Photo Verification and how can I get it?
This lets other members know that your photos are actually you. After you verify your photos you receive a Photo Verified badge.
Verify photos by going to the Verification section of your profile on a mobile device using the Zoosk app for iPhone or Android. Select ‘Verify Photos’ and you will be prompted to record a short video. After submitting your video, the Zoosk moderators will review it. The video will not be shared with anyone other than the photo moderators. After they verify your photo, you will get an email saying your photos are verified and that your Photo Verified badge has been added to your profile.
If your photos couldn’t be verified, it is recommended you try again and make sure your face is well-lit in the video and that your face is clearly identifiable in your photos.
What steps should I take to protect myself while dating online?
Dating should be fun and safe. When you start using Zoosk, you should think about how to safely meet and interact with people. Your online safety is your responsibility and you should make it a top priority.
Zoosk does not routinely screen members or inquire into the background of their members. It also does not attempt to verify information provided by members or conduction criminal screenings of members.
For more information about staying safe on Zoosk, visit their Online Dating Safety Tips page to be safe while finding a meaningful relationship.
What should I do if I have a billing question or concern?
If you need help with biling questions or have any concerns, contact Zoosk Customer Support. They can help answer questions about your subscription or coins purchases, deactivate your account, manage the renewal of your subscription and also help offer promotions and discounts to make your subscription more affordable.
How do I cancel my subscription?
If your subscription is set to automatically renew, you can cancel your subscription by switching off automatic renewal. To do this, go to your Account Settings and click Subscription. If your subscription was purchased through a third party account (like iTunes or Amazon) then your subscription must be cancelled in in lines with that third party’s terms and conditions.How to cancel your subscription from your computer
2. Click on your display name at the top right corner
3. Select Account Settings from the drop-down menu
4. Select Subscriptions from the left navigation and this will take you to your subscription page
5. Click on Cancel My Subscription. You will be taken to a confirmation page and asked why you are leaving.
How to cancel your Zoosk subscription from your mobile
2. Click on the three lines in the top left corner
3. Click on the gear icon close to your nickname
4. Click Subscription
5. At the bottom of your screen click Cancel Subscription and follow the instructions
How do I cancel my subscription through an Apple device?
If you purchased a subscription with an Apple device or iTunes, Apple requires you to cancel your subscription through the App Store. To do this you need to:
1. Click on Settings
2. Scroll until you find iTunes and App Store and click
3. Click on your email Address or Apple ID
4. Click on View Apple ID
5. Scroll down and click on Subscription
6. Find and click on your Zoosk Subscription and click Cancel Subscription
7. Click confirm
After you have followed these steps your subscription will expire at the end of the billing cycle.
Why am I being asked to subscribe again if I’m already a subscriber?
If you are already subscribed to Zoosk and are being asked to subscribe again, it’s probably because you logged in with a different email address then the one that you subscribed with.
To check you are logged in with the correct email address simply do the following:
1. Discover what email address you’re logged in with by visiting your settings and going to the account page.
2. Log out of your Zoosk account and back in with any other email addresses you might have used to subscribe.
If you tried to log in with other email addresses and still haven’t found the email address you originally subscribed with then you might need additional help. Contact the Zoosk Customer Support for assistance.
How do I deactivate or remove my account from Zoosk?
If you want a break from online dating, you can hide your profile by pausing your account. This will allow you to temporarily hide you profile from Zoosk and still keep your profile,connections and message history for when you decide to give online dating another try.
If you are a subscriber that would like to deactivate your account, then you will need to first cancel your subscription. If you are not subscribed and would like to deactivate a Zoosk account then follow the steps below.Deactivating your account from your computer
2. Select on your Zoosk display name in the top right corner of the screen
3. Click Account Settings from the menu and this will take you to your account page.
4. Next to Account Status select Edit.
5. Select Deactivate and this will take you to a confirmation page.
6. Confirm your choice by clicking Deactivate Zoosk Account.
Deactivating your account from you mobile through the Zoosk Android App
2. Select on the three lines menu at the top left corner
3. Click to the gear close to your nickname
4. Click Account
5. Click the pencil close to your Account Status
6. Tap Deactivate and follow the directions
Once you deactivate your account, you will lose your subscription benefits and your profile will not be visible to other members. If you decide to use Zoosk in the future, you can reactivate your account by logging into your account using your email address and password.
How can I pause my account and what will happen when I pause it?
If you decided you want a break from online dating for a bit, the pause feature will let you temporarily hide your profile from Zoosk and still retain your connections, message history and profile for when you decide you want to give it another go.
When you pause your Zoosk account:
– Your profile will be hidden from Zoosk and won’t be shown to any other Zoosk members until you unpause
– You won’t be able to receive messages or communications from members
– Your can keep message history, connections and profile
– If you’re a subscriber, your subscription remains active
– You won’t receive emails or notifications from Zoosk or members. You will still receive messages about subscription renewal and reactivating your account.
How to pause your Zoosk account from a computer:
1. Go to Zoosk.com and log in to your account
2. Click on your Zoosk display name found in the top right corner of the screen
3. Select Account Settings from the menu and this will take you to your account page
3. Next to Account Status, select Edit
5. Select Pause Account and follow the instructions to pause your account
How to pause your Zoosk account from the Android app and iOS app:
1. Go to the Zoosk app
2. Select the menu icon in the top left corner of the screen
3. Click the gear icon to go to your Settings
4. Tap on Account
5. Click the pencil icon close to Account Status
6. Click Pause Account and follow the instructions to pause your account
I want to cancel my Zoosk subscription purchased on an Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod or through iTunes?
If you purchased a subscription on iTunes or an Apple device, Apple requires you to cancel your subscription through the App Store.
To cancel your Zoosk subscription on an iPad, iPhone, or iPod, follow these steps:
1. Select Settings on your Apple device
2. Scroll to iTunes & App Store
3. Select on your Apple ID/ email address
4. Tap View Apple ID and then enter your Touch ID password
5. On the Account Settings page navigate down and click ‘Subscriptions’
6. Select your Zoosk subscription
7. Click ‘Cancel Subscription’ and then click ‘Confirm’ on the ‘Confirm Cancellation’ pop up.
How to use Zoosk without paying?
With a free trial, you can preview the site and view other profiles including their picture. You can’t message anyone without a subscription, though.